What is Bootstrap
Bootstrap is free for everyone.
Bootstrap is a front-end framework used for easier and faster web development.
History of Bootstrap
Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter, and released as an open-source product in August 2011 on GitHub.
In June 2014 Bootstrap was the No.1 project on GitHub!
Why use Bootstrap ?
Following are the main advantage of Bootstrap:
- Easy to use: Anybody with just basic knowledge of HTML and CSS can start using Bootstrap
- Responsive features: Bootstrap’s responsive CSS adjusts to phones, tablets, and desktops
- Mobile-first: In Bootstrap 3, mobile-first styles are part of the core framework
- Browser compatible: Bootstrap is compatible with all modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, and Opera etc.
What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive web design is about creating web sites which automatically adjust themselves to look good on all devices,from smart phones to desktops etc.
What Bootstrap package contains
Scaffolding: Bootstrap provides a basic structure with Grid System, link styles, and background.
CSS: Bootstrap comes with the feature of global CSS settings, fundamental HTML elements style and an advanced grid system.
Components: Bootstrap contains a lot of reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, navigation, alerts, pop-overs, and much more.
Customize: Bootstrap components are customizable and you can customize Bootstrap’s components, LESS variables, and jQuery plugins to get your own style.
What is Bootstrap 4?
Bootstrap 3 vs. Bootstrap 4
Bootstrap 4 has some new components, faster stylesheet, more buttons, effects and more responsiveness.
Bootstrap 4 supports some the latest, stable releases of all major browsers and platforms.
Where to Get Bootstrap?
There are two ways to start using Bootstrap on your own web site.
- Download Bootstrap from getbootstrap.com
- Include Bootstrap from a CDN
If you want to download and host Bootstrap yourself, go to getbootstrap.com, and follow the instructions there.
If you don’t want to download and host Bootstrap yourself, you can include it from a CDN (Content Delivery Network).