PHP is server-side scripting language for creating dynamic web pages.
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is a popular and widely used open source server-side scripting language for writing dynamically generated web pages. PHP was developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. It was previously known as a personal home page.
PHP scripts are executed on the server, and the results are sent to the web browser in HTML format. PHP can be integrated with many popular databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, etc. The current version of PHP is 7. All the code in this tutorial has been tested and validated against the latest version of PHP 7.
PHP is a powerful yet easy to learn and use language. So bookmark this website and proceed.
Our PHP tutorials will help you learn the basics of the PHP scripting language from basics to advanced topics step by step. If you are a beginner, start with the basics and progress gradually by learning a little bit each day.
What you can do with PHP
There are many other things you can do with PHP.
- You can createpages and files dynamically.
- Youcan create, open, read, write and close files on the
- Youcan collect data from web forms such as user information, email, phone number,
- Youcan send emails to your website users.
- Youcan send and receive cookies to track your website visitors.
- Youcan save, delete and modify information in your
- Youcan prevent unauthorized access to your website.
- Youcan encrypt data for secure transmission over the Internet.