jQuery was developed by John Resig in early 2006. jQuery is currently being worked on by a group of developers distributed as an open source project.
You can save a lot of time and effort with jQuery, So bookmark this website and proceed.
What you can do with jQuery
There are many other things you can do with jQuery.
- You can choose something that is easyto
- Youcan create simple effects such as show or hide objects, sliding transitions, etc.
- Youcan create complex CSS graphics with just a few lines of code.
- Youcan easily manipulate DOM elements and their
- Youcan easily implement Ajax asynchronous data exchange between the client and the
- Youcan easily traverse around the DOM tree to find any
- Youcan easily perform multiple actions on an element with a single line of code.
- Youcan easily get or set an element of an HTML
The list doesn't end there, there are many other cool things you can do with jQuery. You will learn more about each of them in detail in the following chapters.
Advantages of Using jQuery
If you are not familiar with jQuery, you may be wondering what makes jQuery special. There are several advantages that one should choose for jQuery:
- Save a lot of time – You can save a lot of time and effort by using jQuery's built-in effects and selectors and focus on other development tasks.
- Compatible – jQuery is designed with modern browsers in mind and is compatible with all modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Really Free – the best part is that it is completely free to download and use.